« PreviousContinue »
25. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and I will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they fall dwell safely in the wilderness, and seep in the woods.
| 26. And I will make them and the places round about my bill, a blefling; and I will cause the mowre to come down in his season : there shall be powres of blessing.
27. And the tree of the field mall yield her fruit, and the earth fall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and Mall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served them. felves of them.
28. And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beasts of the land devour them; but they falldwell fafely, and none shall make them afraid.
29. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown,and they shall be no more consumed wit's hunger in the land, neither bear the Mame of the heathen any more.
30. Thus mallthey know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Ifrael are my people, faith the Lord God.
31. And ye my flock the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, faith the Lord God.
CHAP. xxxvi. 1,–38. A Lfo thou son of man, prophesie unto the montains of Israel, M and say, Te mountains of Israel, hear the word of obe
2. Thus faith the Lord God, because the enemy had said against 90%, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in poflcflion.
3. Therefore prophesie and say, Thus faith the Lord, Because they have made you defolate,and Svallowed you up on every side, that ge might be a poslelion unto the refi lue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people:
4. Therefore ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God, This faith the Lord Godtothe mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the defolate wastes, and to the cities that are forjaken, which became a prey and derifon to the rea fidue of the heathen that are round about :
5. Theres. There ore thus faith the Lord God, Surely in the fire of my jealousie have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and is painst all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their pollesToon, with the joy of all their heart, with despite;ul minds to cast it out for a prey.
6. Prophefie therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say un. to the mountains and to the hills, 10 the rivers and to the valleys, Thus faith the Lord God, Behold, I have spoken in my jealousie,and in my fary, because ye have born obeshame of the beatben.
7. Therefore thus faith the Lord God, I have lifted up usine hand. Surely the beathen that are about you, they pall bear their shame.
8. But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye sball shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Ifrael, for ibey are at band to come.
9. Forbehold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye Mall be rilled and fown.
10. And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it, and the cities fall be inhabited, and be wastes Mail be builded.
11. And I will multiply sapon you man and beast, and they fall increase and bring fruit, and I will fettle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings, and ye pall know that I am the Lord.
12. Tea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people if. rael, and they mall pollessthee, and thou foundt be their inheritance, and thou Malt no more hencefarib bereave them of mes.
13. Thus faith the Lord God, Because they fay wnio you, Thom land devoureft up men, and hast bereaved thy nations;
14. Therefore thou halt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, faith the Lord God.
15. Neither will I cause meen to hear in thee the Mame of the beather any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither malt thou cause thy nations to fall any more.jauh the Lord God.
16. Moreover, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
17. Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by iheir own way, and by their doints, their
way. was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
18. Wnerefore I poured my fury upon them for the blond that they had sed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had pollutedit.
19. And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were di. fpersed through the countries : according to their way, and accord. ing no their doings I judged them.
20. And when they entred unto the heathen whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them. These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land.
21. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. .
22. Therefore jay unio the house of Israel, Thus faith the Lord God, I do not this for your Jakes, O house of Israel, but for mine boly names fake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whie aber ye went.
23. And I will fan&tifie my great name which was profaned a. mong the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them, and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, faith the Lord God, when Ishall be fančtified in you, before their eyes.
24. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25. Then will I Sprinkle clear water upon yon, and ye Mall be clean : from all your filthiness, and from all your idols will I cleanse you.
26. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your ylejh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my starates, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28. And we shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and ye Mall be my people, and I will be your God.
29. I will also save you from all your uncleanness, and I will call for the corn and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that geball receive no more reproch of famine among the beathen.
31. Then mall yeremember your own evilways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe your felves in your own fight, for your iniquities, and for your abominations.
32. Not for your fakes do Ithis, faith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
33. Thus faith the Lord God, In the day that I fall have cleanSed you from all your iniquities, I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastessoall be builded.
34. And the defolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the fight of all that passed by..
35. And they mall say, This land that was defolare, is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste, and defolate, and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inbabited. h
36. Then the heathen that are left round about you all know that I the Lord build the ruined places, and plant that that was defolate : 1 The Lord have spoken it, and I will do it. i .
37. Thus faith the Lord God, I will get for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them, I will increase them with men like a flock. 1:38. As the holy flock; as the flock of Jerufalem in ber folemn feasts: fo fhall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men, and they ball know that I am the Lord. is ::..
CHAP. xxxvij. 17-23. THE hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the
1 Spirit of the Lord, and fer me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones. . 2.' And caused me to pass by them round about, and be. hold, there were very many in the open valley, and lo, they were very dry.
3. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live ? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knoweft..
4. Again be said unto me, Prophesie upon these bones, and say unto them, Oye dry bones hear the word of the Lord.
5. Thus faith the Lord God unto these bones, Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shalllive. 6. And I will lay finews upon you, and will bring up flesh upor Xx
you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you; and ye shall live, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
7. So I prophesied as I was commanded : and as I prophefied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8. And when I beheld, lo, the finews and the flesh.came up wpon them, and the skin covered them above; but there was no breath in them.
9. Then he said unto me, Prophesie unto the wind, prophesie fon of man, and say to the wind, Thus faith the Lord God, Come from the four winds, O breath, and breath upon these pain, that they may live.
10. So I prophefred as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceeding great army. '
11. Then said he unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost, we are cut off for our parts.
12: Therefore prophesie, and say unto them, Thus faith the Lord God, Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause yon to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. • 13. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves.
14. And fall put my Spirit in you, and je pall live, and I Mallplace you in your own land: then Mall ye know that I the Lord have spoken and performed it, faith the Lorde • 15. The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16. Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions : then take another stick, and write upon it, For Jofepb the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, bis companions.
17. And join them one to another into one stick, and they shall become one in thine hand.
18. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, Saying, Wilt thou not be us what thou meaneft by these?
ig. Say unto them, Thus faith the Lord God, Behold, I will take the fick of Jofeph which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the