« PreviousContinue »
Secretary of the Society of Arts.
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF
1. DYEING AND TISSUE-PRINTING. By William Crookes, F.R.S., V.P.C.S. 58.
2. GLASS MANUFACTURE. INTRODUCTORY ESSAY. hy H. J. Powell, B.A. (Whitefriars Glass Works); CROWN AND SHEET GLASS, by Henry Chance, M.A. (Chance Bros.. Birmingham); PLATE GLASS, by H. G. Harris, Assoc. Memb. Inst. C.E. 3s. 6d.
3. COTTON SPINNING; Its Development, Principles, and Practice. By R. Marsden. Editor of the "Textile Mercury." With an Appendix on Steam Engines and Boilers. 3rd edition, revised, 68. 6d.
4. COAL-TAR COLOURS, The Chemistry of. With special reference to their application to Dyeing, &c. By Dr. R. Benedikt. Translated from the German by E. Knecht, Ph.D. 2nd edition, enlarged, 6s. 6d.
5. WOOLLEN AND WORSTED CLOTH MANUFACTURE. By Professor Roberts Beaumont. 2nd edition, revised. 7s. 6d.
6. PRINTING. By C. T. Jacobi, Manager of the Chiswick Press. 5s. 7. BOOKBINDING. By J. W. Zaehnsdorf. 5s.
8. PLUMBING, Principles and Practice of. By S. Stevens Hellyer. 5s. 9. COTTON WEAVING. By R. Marsden. In preparation.
10. SILK-FINISHING. By G. H. Hurst, F.C.S. In the press.