« PreviousContinue »
Post 8vo., Elegantly Printed, and bound in Cloth, at 3s. 6d. 1. THE MISCELLANEOUS WORKS AND REMAINS OF THE REV. ROBERT HALL, with Memoir by DR. GREGORY, and Essay by JOHN FOSTER. errail.
2 & 3. ROSCOE'S LIFE AND PONTIFICATE OF LEO X., Edited by his Son, with the Copyright Notes, Documents, &c In 2 Vols. Portraits.
4 SCHLEGEL'S LECTURES ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF HISTORY. Translated from the German, with a Memoir by J. B. ROBERTSON, Esq. Portrait.
5 & 6. SISMONDI'S HISTORY OF THE LITERATURE OF THE SOUTH OF EUROPE. Translated by Roscor. In 2 Vols Portraits.
7. ROSCOE'S LIFE OF LORENZO DE MEDICI, with the Copyright Notes, &c. 8. SCHLEGEL'S LECTURES ON DRAMATIC LITERATURE.
9 & 11. BECKMANN'S HISTORY OF INVENTIONS, DISCOVERIES, AND ORIGINS. Fourth Edition, revised and enlarged. In 2 Vols. Portraits.
10. SCHILLER'S HISTORY OF THE THIRTY YEARS WAR AND REVOLT OF THE NETHERLANDS. Translated by A. J. W. MORRISON. Portrait. 12. SCHILLER'S WORKS. Vol. II. [Conclusion of "The Revolt of the Netherlands;" "Wallenstein's Camp;" "The Piccolomini;" "The Death of Wallenstein;" and "Wilhelm Tell."] With Portrait of Wallenstein.
By his Widow:
13. MEMOIRS OF THE LIFE OF COLONEL HUTCHINSON. with an "Account of the Siege of Lathom House." Portrait. 1 14. MEMOIRS OF BENVENUTO CELLINI, by HIMSELF. By RoscoE. Portrait. 15, 18, & 22. COXE'S HISTORY OF THE HOUSE OF AUSTRIA, from the foundation of the Monarchy, 1218-1792. Conplete in 3 vols. Portraits.
16, 19, & 23. LANZI'S HISTORY OF PAINTING. By Roscor. In 3 Vols. Portraits. 17. OCKLEY'S HISTORY OF THE SARACENS, Revised and Completed. Portrait. 20. SCHILLER'S WORKS. Vol. III. ["Don Carlos," "Mary Stuart," "Maid of Orleans," and "Bride of Messina."] Frontispiece.
21, 26, & 33. LAMARTINE'S HISTORY OF THE GIRONDISTS; or, Memoirs of the French Revolution, from unpublished sources. In 3 Vols. Portraits. 24. MACHIAVELLI'S HISTORY OF FLORENCE, PRINCE, &c. Portrait. 25. SCHLEGEL'S LECTURES ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE AND THE PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE. Translated by A. J. W. MORRISON.
27, 32, & 36. RANKE'S HISTORY OF THE POPES. Translated by E. FOSTER. In 3 Vols. Portraits. (The only complete English translation.)
28, 30, & 34. COXE'S MEMOIRS OF THE DUKE OF MARLBOROUGH. In 3 Vols. Portraits:
ATLAS, of 26 fine large Maps and Plans of Marlborough's Campaigns, (being all those published in the original edition at £12 12s.) 4to. 10s. 6d.
29. SHERIDAN'S DRAMATIC WORKS AND LIFE. Portrait.
31. GOETHE'S WORKS. Vol. I. [His Autobiography. 13 Books.] Portrait.
35. WHEATLEY ON THE COMMON PRAYER. Frontispiece.
37. MILTON'S PROSE WORKS. Vol. I. Portrait.
38, 41, & 45. MENZEL'S HISTORY OF GERMANY. Complete in 3 Vols. Portrait. 39. MILTON'S PROSE WORKS. Vol. II. Frontispiece.
40. MILTON'S PROSE WORKS. Vol. III. Portrait of Laud.
42. SCHLEGEL'S ÆSTHETIC AND MISCELLANEOUS WORKS.
43. GOETHE'S WORKS. Vol. II. [Remainder of his Autobiography, and Travels.] 44. SCHILLER'S WORKS. Vol. IV. ["The Robbers," Fiesko," "Love and Intrigue," and "The Ghost-Seer"] Translated by HENRY G. BOHN.
46. SCHLEGEL'S LECTURES ON MODERN HISTORY
47. LAMARTINE'S HISTORY OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION OF 1848. 48 & 50. JUNIUS'S LETTERS, with Notes, Additions, Essay, Index, &c. 2 Vols. 49, 55, 60, 65, 71. VASARI'S LIVES OF THE MOST CELEBRATED PAINTERS, SCULPTORS, AND ARCHITECTS. Translated by MRS. FOSTER, with Notes. Complete in 5 Vols., with Index.
UNIFORM WITH THE STANDARD LIBRARY,
BARBAULD'S (MRS.) SELECTIONS FROM THE SPECTATOR, TATLER, GUARDIAN, AND FREEHOLDER. In 2 Vols. 3s. 6d. per Volume.
BRITISH POETS, from MILTON to KIRKE WHITE, Cabinet Edition, comprising, in a very small but remarkably clear type, as much matter as the sixty volumes of Jolinson's Poets. Complete in 4 Vols., with Frontispieces. 14s.
CARY'S TRANSLATION OF DANTE. Extra cloth. 7s. 6d.
CATTERMOLE'S EVENINGS AT HADDON HALL. 24 exquisite Engravings on Steel, from Designs by himself; the Letter-Press by the BARONESS DE CALABRELLA. Post 8vo. 7s. 6d.
CLASSIC TALES; comprising The Vicar of Wakefield, Euzabeth, Paul and Virginia, Gulliver's Travels, Sterne's Sentimental Journey, Sorrows of Werter, Theodosius and Constantia, Castle of Otranto, and Rasselas. 12mo. 7 Portraits. Ss. 6d. DEMOSTHENES. Translated by LELAND. Portrait. 3s.
CHILLINGWORTH'S RELIGION OF PROTESTANTS. 3s. 6d.
HORACE'S ODES AND EPODES, translated literally and rythmically, by the REV. W. SEWELL. 3s. 6d.
IRVING'S (WASHINGTON) WORKS. Complete in 10 Vols., £1 15s., or 38. 6d. per Vol. ENTIFIC DIALOGUES. Greatly Improved Edition, with Questions, &c., CK. (Upwards of 600 pages). Woodcuts. 5s.
JOYCE'S INTRODUCTION TO THE ARTS AND SCIENCES. 5s.
LAMARTINE'S POETICAL MEDITATIONS AND RELIGIOUS HARMONIES, with Biographical Sketch. Portrait. Cloth, 3s. 6d.
LAWRENCE'S LECTURES ON COMPARATIVE ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, ZOOLOGY, AND THE NATURAL HISTORY OF MAN. Front. and Plates. 5s. LILLY'S INTRODUCTION TO ASTROLOGY. A New and Improved Edition, by ZADKIEL, with his Grammar of Astrology, and Tables of Nativities. 5s.
LOUDON (MRS.) ENTERTAING NATURALIST, a Popular Description, Tales, and Anecdotes of more than Five Hundred Animals, with Indexes of Scientific and and Popular Names. With upwards of 500 beautiful Woodcuts, by BEWICK, HARVEY, WHIMPER, &c. Revised and enlarged. 7s. 6d.
LOWTH'S LECTURES ON THE SACRED POETRY OF THE HEBREWS, 3s. 6d. MAXWELL'S VICTORIES OF THE BRITISH ARMIES. New Edition, with highly finished Steel Portrails, extra gilt cloth. 7s. 6d.
MICHELET'S HISTORY OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. 45.
MILLER'S PHILOSOPHY OF HISTORY. Third Revised and Improved Edition, 4 Volumes, at 3s. 6d. per Volume.
MILNER'S HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST. 4 rols. 14s.
MITFORD'S (MISS) OUR VILLAGE. 2 Vols., New Edition, with Woodcuts and beautiful Frontispieces on Steel, gilt cloth. Each Vol. 5s.
PARKES' ELEMENTARY CHEMISTRY
New Edition, revised, 5s.
ROBINSON CRUSOE, including his further Adventures, with Life of Defoe, &c.
STURM'S MORNING COMMUNINGS WITH GOD.
New Edition. 5s.