« PreviousContinue »
blood of her purifying three and thirty days: || priest for his cleansing, he shall be seen of she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come the priest again: into the sanctuary, until the days of her pu- 8. And if the priest see that, behold, the rifying be fulfilled.
scab spreadeth in the skin, then the priest 3. But if she bear a maid-child, then she shall pronounce him unclean: it is a leprosy. shall be unclean two weeks, as in her sepa
9. When the plague of leprosy is in a man, ration: and she shall continue in the blood then he shall be brought unto the priest ; of her purifying threescore and six days. 10. And the priest shall see him: and,
6. And when the days of her purifying are behold, if the rising be white in the skin, fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall and it have turned the hair white, and there bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt-of- be quick raw flesh in the rising; fenng, and a young pigeon, or a turtle-dove, 11. It is an old leprosy in the skin of his for a sin-offering, unto the door of the taber- flesh; and the priest shall pronounce him nacle of the congregation, unto the priest ; unclean, and shall not shut him up: for he
7. Who shall offer it before the Lord, is unclean. and make an atonement for her, and she 12. And if a leprosy break out abroad in shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. the skin, and the leprosy cover all the skin of This is the law of her that hath borne a him that hath the plague from his head even male or a female.
to his foot, wheresoever the priest looketh; 8. And if she be not able to bring a lamb, 13. Then the priest shall consider: and, then she shall bring two turtles, or two behold, if the leprosy have covered all his young pigeons; the one for the burnt-offer- flesh, he shall pronounce him clean that ing, and the other for a sin-offering: and the hath the plague: it is all turned white: he is priest shall make an atonement for her, and clean. she shall be clean.
14. But when raw flesh appeareth in him,
he shall be unclean. CHAP. XIII. The lates and tokens whereby the priest is to be guided in
15. And the priest shall see the raw flesh, discerning the leprosy.
and pronounce him to be unclean ; for the ND the LORD spake unto Moses raw flesh is unclean: it is a leprosy. and Aaron, saying,
16. Or if the raw flesh turn again, and 2. When a man shall have in the skin be changed unto white, he shall come unto of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot, || the priest ; and it be in the skin of his flesh like the 17. And the priest shall see him: and, plague of leprosy; then he shall be brought behold, if the plague be turned into white, unto Aaron the priest, or unto one of his then the priest shall pronounce him clean sons the priests :
that hath the plague: he is clean. 3. And the priest shall look on the plague 18. The flesh also, in which, even in the in the skin of the flesh; and when the hair skin thereof, was a boil, and is healed; in the plague is turned white, and the plague 19. And in the place of the boil there be in sight be deeper than the skin of his flesh, a white rising, or a bright spot, white, and it is å plague of leprosy: and the priest shall somewhat reddish, and it be showed to the look on him, and pronounce him unclean. priest;
4. If the bright spot be white in the skin 20. And if, when the priest seeth it, beof his flesh, and in sight be not deeper than hold, it be in sight lower than the skin, and the skin, and the hair thereof be not turned the hair thereof be turned white; the white; then the priest shall shut up him that shall pronounce him unclean: it is a plague kath the plague seven days:
of leprosy broken out of the boil. 5. And the priest shall look on him the 21. But if the priest look on it, and, beseventh day: and, behold, if the plague in hold, there be no white hairs therein, and if his sight be at a stay, and the plague spread it be not lower than the skin, but be sonenot in the skin, then the priest shall shut him what dark, then the priest shall shut him up up seven days more:
seven days: 6. And the priest shall look on him again 22. And if it spread much abroad in the the seventh day; and, behold, if the plague skin, then the priest shall pronounce him be somewhat dark, and the plague spread | unclean: it is a plague. not in the skin, the priest shall pronounce 23. But if the bright spot stay in his place, him clean ; it is but a scab: and he shall and spread not, it is a burning boil; and the wash his clothes, and be clean.
priest shall pronounce him clean. 7. But if the scab spread much abroad in 24. Or if there be any flesh, in the skin the skin after that he hath been seen of the I whereof there is a hot burning, and the quick
flesh that burneth have a white bright spot, || 38. If a man also or a woman have in somewhat reddish or white,
the skin of their flesh, bright spots, even · 25. Then the priest shall look upon it: white bright spots, and, behold, if the hair in the bright spot be 39. Then the priest shall look : and, beturned white, and it be in sight deeper than hold, if the bright spots in the skin of their the skin, it is a leprosy broken out of the flesh be darkish white, it is a freckled spot burning: wherefore the priest shall pronounce that groweth in the skin; he is clean. him unclean: it is the plague of leprosy. 40. And the man whose hair is fallen off
26. But if the priest look on it, and, be- his head, he is bald; yet is he clean. hold, there be no white hair in the bright 41. And he that hath his hair fallen off spot, and it be no lower than the other skin, from the part of his head toward his face, but be somewhat dark, then the priest shall he is forehead-bald: yet is he clean. shut him up seven days :
42. And if there be in the bald head, or 27. And the priest shall look upon him bald forehead, a white reddish sore; it is a the seventh day; and if it be spread much leprosy sprung up in his bald head, or his abroad in the skin, then the priest shall pro- bald forehead: nounce him unclean: it is the plague of 43. Then the priest shall look upon it: leprosy.
and, behold, of the rising of the sore be white 28. And if the bright spot stay in his reddish in his bald head, or in his bald foreplace, and spread not in the skin, but it be head, as the leprosy appeareth in the skin somewhat dark, it is a rising of the burning, of the flesh, and the priest shall pronounce him clean; 44. He is a leprous man, he is unclean: for it is an inflammation of the burning. the priest shall pronounce him utterly un
29. If a man or woman hath a plague clean; his plague is in his head. upon the head or the beard,
45. And the leper in whom the plague 30. Then the priest shall see the plague: is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head and, behold, if it be in sight deeper than the bare, and he shall put a covering upon his skin, and there be in it a yellow thin hair, upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean. then the priest shall pronounce him unclean: 46. All the days wherein the plague shall it is a dry scall, even a leprosy upon the be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: head or beard.
be shall dwell alone; without the camp shall 31. And if the priest look on the plague of his habitation be. the scall, and, behold, it be not in sight deep- 47. The garment also that the plague of er than the skin, and that there is no black leprosy is in, whether it be a woollen garhair in it, then the priest shall shut up him ment or a linen garment, that hath the plague of the scall seven days: 48. Whether it be in the warp or woof,
32. And in the seventh day the priest of linen, or of woollen; whether in a skin, shall look on the plague: and, behold, if or in any thing made of skin; the scall spread not, and there be in it no 49. And if the plague be greenish or redyellow hair, and the scall be not in sight dish in the garment, or in the skin, either in deeper than the skin,
the warp, or in the woof, or in any thing of 33. He shall be shaven, but the scall shall skin; it is a plague of leprosy, and shall be he not shave; and the priest shall shut up showed unto the priest: him that hath the scall seven days more: 50. And the priest shall look upon the
34. And in the seventh day the priest plague, and shut up it that hath the plague scall be not spread in the skin, nor be in 51. And he shall look on the plague on the sight deeper than the skin, then the priest | seventh day: if the plague be spread in the shall pronounce him clean; and he shall garment, either in the warp or in the woof, or wash his clothes, and be clean.
in a skin, or in any work that is made of skin, 35. But if the scall spread much in the the plague is a fretting leprosy; it is unclean. skin after his cleansing,
52. He shall therefore burn that garment, 36. Then the priest shall look on him: whether warp or woof, in woollen or in liand, behold, if the scall be spread in the nen, or in any thing of skin, wherein the skin, the priest shall not seek for yellow hair; plague is: for it is a fretting leprosy; it shall he is unclean.
be burnt in the fire. 37. But if the scall be in his sight at a 53. And if the priest shall look, and, bestay, and that there is black hair grown up hold, the plague be not spread in the gartherein, the scall is healed, he is clean; and ment, either in the warp or in the woof, or the priest shall pronounce him clean.
in any thing of skin;
54. Then the priest shall command that 9. But it shall be on the seventh day, they wash the thing wherein the plague is, that he shall shave all his hair off his head, and he shall shut it up seven days more: and his beard, and his eyebrows, even all
55. And the priest shall look on the plague his hair he shall shave off: and he shall after that it is washed: and, behold, if the wash his clothes, also he shall wash his plague have not changed his colour, and flesh in water, and he shall be clean. the plague be not spread, it is unclean; thou 10. And on the eighth day he shall take shalt burn it in the fire; it is fret inward, two he-lambs without blemish, and one whether it be bare within or without. ewe-lamb of the first year without blemish,
36. And if the priest look, and, behold, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a the plague be somewhat dark after the meat-offering, mingled with oil, and one log washing of it, then he shall rend it out of of oil. the garment, or out of the skin, or out of the 11. And the priest that maketh him clean warp, or out of the woof:
shall present the man that is to be made 57. And if it appear still in the garment, clean, and those things, before the LORD, at either in the warp or in the woof, or in any the door of the tabernacle of the congregathing of skin, it is a spreading plague; thou tion: shalt burn that wherein the plague is with fire. 12. And the priest shall take one he
58. And the garment, either warp or lamb, and offer him for a trespass-offering, woof, or whatsoever thing of skin it be and the log of oil, and wave them for a which thou shalt wash, if the plague be de-wave-offering before the Lord: parted from them, then it shall be washed 13. And he shall slay the lamb in the place the second time, and shall be clean. where he shall kill the sin-offering and the
59. This is the law of the plague of lepro- burnt-offering, in the holy place: for as the sy in a garment of woollen or linen, either in sin-offering is the priest's, so is the trespassthe warp or woof, or any thing of skins, to offering; it is most holy. pronounceit clean,orto pronounceit unclean. 14. And the priest shall take some of the CHAP. XIV.
blood of the trespass-offering, and the priest ? The rites and sacrifices in cleansing of the leper. 37 The shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of signs of leprosy in a house.
him that is to be cleansed, and upon the 1.
toe of his right foot: 2. This shall be the law of the leper in 15. And the priest shall take some of the the day of his cleansing: he shall be brought log of oil, and pour it into the palm of his unto the priest:
own left hand: 3. And the priest shall go forth out of the 16. And the priest shall dip his right camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if finger in the oil that is in his left hand, and the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper, shall sprinkle of the oil with his finger seven
4. Then shall the priest command to times before the Lord: take for him that is to be cleansed two 17. And of the rest of the oil that is in birds alive and clean, and cedar-wood, and his hand shall the priest put upon the tip of scarlet, and hyssop:
the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, 5. And the priest shall command that and upon the thumb of bis right hand, and one of the birds be killed in an earthen ves- upon the great toe of his right foot, upon sel over running water:
the blood of the trespass-offering : 6. As for the living bird, he shall take it, 18. And the remnant of the oil that is and the cedar-wood, and the scarlet, and in the priest's hand he shall pour upon the the hyssop, and shall dip them and the liv-head of him that is to be cleansed; and the ing bird in the blood of the bird that was || priest shall make an atonement for him bekilled over the running water:
fore the LORD. 7. And he shall sprinkle upon him that is 19. And the priest shall offer the sin-ofto be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, | fering, and make an atonement for him that and shall pronounce him clean, and shall | is to be cleansed from his uncleanness; and let the living bird loose into the open field. afterward he shall kill the burnt-offering.
3. And he that is to be cleansed shall 20. And the priest shall offer the burntwash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, offering, and the meat-offering, upon the and wash himself in water, that he may be altar: and the priest shall make an atoneclean: and after that he shall come into the ment for him, and he shall be clean. camp, and shall tarry abroad out of his tent 21. And if he be poor, and cannot get so seven days.
much; then he shall take one lamb for a trespass-offering to be waved, to make an | the house be not made unclean; and afteratonement for him, and one tenth deal of ward the priest shall go in to see the house : fine flour mingled with oil, for a meat-offer- 37. And he shall look on the plague, and, ing, and a log of oil ;
behold, if the plague be in the walls of the 22. And two turtle doves, or two young house, with hollow strakes, greenish or redpigeons, such as he is able to get; and the dish, which in sight are lower than the wall; one shall be a sin-offering, and the other a 38. Then the priest shall go out of the burnt-offering.
house, to the door of the house, and shut 23. And he shall bring them on the eighth up the house seven days: day, for his cleansing, unto the priest, unto 39. And the priest shall come again the sethe door of the tabernacle of the congrega- venth day, and shall look : and, behold, if the tion, before the Lord.
plague be spread in the walls of the house, 24. And the priest shall take the lamb 40. Then the priest shall command that of the trespass-offering, and the log of oil, they take away the stones in which the and the priest shall wave them for a wave- plague is, and they shall cast them into an offering before the LORD.
unclean place without the city: 25. And he shall kill the lamb of the tres- 41. And he shall cause the house to be pass-offering, and the priest shall take some of scraped within round about, and they shall the blood of the trespass-offering, and put it pour out the dust that they scrape off withupon the tip of the right ear of him that is to out the city, into an unclean place: be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right 42. And they shall take other stones, and hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot: put them in the place of those stones; and
26. And the priest shall pour of the oil he shall take other mortar, and shall plaster into the palm of his own left hand.
the house. 27. And the priest shall sprinkle with his 43. And if the plague come again, and right finger some of the oil that is in his left break out in the house, after that he hath hand, seven times before the LORD: taken away the stones, and after he hath
28. And the priest shall put of the oil that scraped the house, and after it is plastered; is in his hand upon the tip of the right ear of 44. Then the priest shall come and look, him that is to be cleansed, and upon the and, behold, if the plague be spread in the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great house, it is a fretting leprosy in the house: toe of his right foot, upon the place of the it is unclean. blood of the trespass-offering:
45. And he shall break down the house, 29. And the rest of the oil that is in the the stones of it, and the timber thereof, and priest's hand he shall put upon the head of all the mortar of the house; and he shall him that is to be cleansed, to make an carry them forth out of the city, into an unatonement for him before the LORD. clean place.
30. And he shall offer the one of the tur- 46. Moreover, he that goeth into the tle-doves, or of the young pigeons, such as house, all the while that it is shut up, shall he
31. Even such as he is able to get, the 47. And he that lieth in the house shall one for a sin-offering, and the other for a wash his clothes, and he that eateth in the burnt-offering, with the meat-offering and house shall wash his clothes. the priest shall make an atonement for him 48. And if the priest shall come in, and that is to be cleansed before the LORD. look upon it, and, behold, the plague hath
32. This is the law of him in whom is not spread in the house, after the house was the plague of leprosy, whose hand is not able plastered; then the priest shall pronounce to get that which pertaineth to his cleansing. the house clean, because the plague is healed.
33. 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses 49. And he shall take to cleanse the and unto Aaron, saying,
house two birds, and cedar-wood, and scar34. When ye be come into the land of let, and hyssop: Canaan, which I give to you for a posses- 50. And he shall kill the one of the birds sion, and I put the plague of leprosy in a in an earthen vessel over running water: house of the land of your possession ;
51. And he shall take the cedar-wood, 35. And he that owneth the house shall and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the livcome, and tell the priest, saying, It seemeth ing bird, and dip them in the blood of the to me there is as it were a plague in the house; slain bird, and in the running water, and
36. 'Then the priest shall command that sprinkle the house seven times : they empty the house, before the priest go 52. And he shall cleanse the house with into it to see the plague, that all that is in the blood of the bird, and with the running
water, and with the living bird, and with and every vessel of wood shall be rinsed in the cedar-wood, and with the hyssop, and water, with the scarlet :
13. And when he that hath an issue is 53. But he shall let go the living bird out cleansed of his issue, then he shall number of the city into the open fields, and make to himself seven days for his cleansing, and an atonement for the house: and it shall be wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in clean.
running water, and shall be clean. 54. This is the law for all manner of 14. And on the eighth day he shall take plague of leprosy, and scall,
to him two turtle doves, or two young 55. And for the leprosy of a garment, pigeons, and come before the Lord unto and of a house,
the door of the tabernacle of the congre56. And for a rising, and for a scab, and gation, and give them unto the priest : for a bright spot;
15. And the priest shall offer them, the 57. To teach when it is unclean, and one for a sin-offering, and the other for a when it is clean: this is the law of leprosy. burnt-offering; and the priest shall make an CHAP. XV.
atonement for him before the LORD for his 9 The enchanness of men in their issues. 19 The unclean
issue. ness of women in their issues.
16. And if any man's seed of copulation 1. ND the LORD spake unto Moses go out from him, then he shall wash all his and to Aaron, saying,
flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. 2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and 17. And every garment, and every skin, say unto them, When any man hath a run- whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be ning issue out of his flesh, because of his washed with water, and be unclean until issue he is unclean.
3. And this shall be his uncleanness in 18. The woman also with whom man his issue: whether his flesh run with his shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall issue, or his flesh be stopped from his issue, both bathe themselves in water, and be unit is his uncleanness.
clean until the even. 4. Every bed whereon he lieth that hath
19. And if a woman have an issue, und the issue is unclean: and every thing where- her issue in her fesh be blood, she shall be on he sitteth shall be unclean.
put apart seven days; and whosoever touch5. And whosoever toucheth his bed shall eth her shall be unclean until the even. wash his clothes, and bathe himself in wa- 20. And every thing that she lieth upon in ter, and be unclean until the even.
her separation shall be unclean; every thing 6. And he that sitteth on any thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. whereon he sat that hath the issue shall 21. And whosoever toucheth her bed wash his clothes, and bathe himself in wa- shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself ter, and be unclean until the even.
in water, and be unclean until the even. 7. And he that toucheth the flesh of him 22. And whosoever toucheth any thing that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, that she sat upon, shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
until the even, 8. And if he that hath the issue spit upon 23. And if it be on her bed, or on any him that is clean, then he shall wash his thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be it, he shall be unclean until the even. unclean until the even.
24. And if any man lie with her at all, 9. And what saddle soever he rideth upon and her flowers be upon him, he shall be that hath the issue shall be unclean. unclean seven days; and all the bed where
10. And whosoever toucheth any thing on he lieth shall be unclean. that was under him shall be unclean until 25. And if a woman have an issue of her the even: and he that beareth any of those blood many days out of the time of her things shall wash his clothes, and bathe him- separation, or is it run beyond the time of self in water, and be unclean until the even. her separation; all the days of the issue
11. And whomsoever he toucheth that of her uncleanness shall be as the days of hath the issue, and hath not rinsed his hands her separation ; she shall be unclean. in water, he shall wash his clothes, and bathe 26. Every bed whereon she lieth all the himself in water, and be unclean until the days of her issue shall be unto her as the even.
bed of her separation : and whatsoever she 12. And the vessel of earth that he touch- sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uneth which hath the issue shall be broken : | cleanness of her separation.