« PreviousContinue »
CONTENTS OF No. CXLIII.
ART. I. 1. The Works of Sir Walter Raleigh, Kt. Now first Col-
lected. To which are prefixed the Lives of the Author by
2. Memoirs of the Life of Sir Walter Raleigh; with some
Account of the Period in which he lived. By Mrs A.
3. The Life of Sir Walter Raleigh; founded on authentic,
and original Documents, some of them never before pub-
lished. With a vindication of his Character from the
attacks of Hume and other Writers. By Patrick Fraser
Tytler, Esq., F.R.S. and F.S.A.
4. Lives of the British Admirals. (Vol. 4th. Sir Walter
Raleigh.) By Robert Southey, LL.D.
5. The Court of King James the First. By Dr Godfrey
Goodman, Bishop of Gloucester. Now first published
from the original Manuscript, by John Brewer, M.A., of
II. The Art of Deer-Stalking: illustrated by a Narrative of a
Few Days' Sport in the Forest of Atholl. By William
Scrope, Esq., F.L.S., and Member of the Academy of San'
By William James. Edited by Captain Chamier, R.N.
2. History of the Navy of the United States of America.
VII. The Court and Camp of Runjeet Sing. By the Hon. W.
G. Osborne, Military Secretary to the Earl of Auckland,
Governor-General of India. With an Introductory Sketch
VIII. Speeches in the House of Commons on the Motion of Sir
J. Y. Buller, That her Majesty's Government, as at pre-
sent constituted, does not possess the confidence of this
ART. I. 1. Sketches of the Relations subsisting between the British
Government in India and the different Native States. By
2. Reports and Papers, Political, Geographical, and Com-
mercial, submitted to Government by Sir A. Burnes, Lieu-
tenant Leech, Dr Lord, and Lieutenant Wood, employed
on Missions in the years 1835-36-37, in Scinde, Affghanis-
tan, and the adjacent Countries. Printed by order of the
3. Correspondence relating to Persia and Affghanistan ;
being Papers laid before Parliament.
4. Personal Narrative of a Visit to Ghuzni, Kabul, and
Affghanistan, and of a Residence at the Court of Dost
Mahomed; with Notices of Runjeet Singh, Khiva, and the
1. Collier's History of English Dramatic Poetry.
2. Dyce's Editions of the Dramatic Works of George
3. Courtenay's Commentaries on the Historical Plays of
4. The Pictorial Edition of the Works of Shakspeare;
1. Mrs Jameson's Characteristics of Women.
2. Coleridge's Literary Remains.
3. Hallam's Literature of the Fifteenth, Sixteenth, and Se-
1. Tieck's Dramaturgische Blätter.
2. Horn's Shakspeare's Schauspiele Erläutert.
3. Ulrici Ueber Shakspeare's dramatische Kunst, und sein
VI. Speech of the Right Honourable Sir Robert Peel, Bart., in
the House of Commons, on Sir J. Yarde Buller's Motion
2. Report of the Committee on the Disposal of Lands in the
VIII. 1. Papers respecting the North American Boundary be-
tween the British Provinces and the United States. Pre-
2. Memoranda on the Contest in Spain. By Sir De Lacy
3. Report on the Prussian Commercial Union. Presented
4. An Examination of the Origin, Progress, and Tendency
of the Commercial and Political Confederation against Eng-
land and France, called the Prussian League. By William