« PreviousContinue »
ART. I. 1. The Works of Sir Walter Raleigh, Kt. Now first Col-
lected. To which are prefixed the Lives of the Author by
Oldys and Birch.
2. Memoirs of the Life of Sir Walter Raleigh; with some
Account of the Period in which he lived. By Mrs A.
3. The Life of Sir Walter Raleigh; founded on authentic,
and original Documents, some of them never before pub-
lished. With a vindication of his Character from the
attacks of Hume and other Writers. By Patrick Fraser
Tytler, Esq., F.R.S. and F.S.A.
4. Lives of the British Admirals. (Vol. 4th. Sir Walter
Raleigh.) By Robert Southey, LL.D.
5. The Court of King James the First. By Dr Godfrey
Goodman, Bishop of Gloucester. Now first published
from the original Manuscript, by John Brewer, M.A., of
Queen's College, Oxford,
ART. I. 1. Sketches of the Relations subsisting between the British
Government in India and the different Native States. By
Captain J. Sutherland.
2. Reports and Papers, Political, Geographical, and Com-
mercial, submitted to Government by Sir A. Burnes, Lieu-
tenant Leech, Dr Lord, and Lieutenant Wood, employed
on Missions in the years 1835-36-37, in Scinde, Affghanis-
tan, and the adjacent Countries. Printed by order of the
3. Correspondence relating to Persia and Affghanistan ;
being Papers laid before Parliament.
4. Personal Narrative of a Visit to Ghuzni, Kabul, and
Affghanistan, and of a Residence at the Court of Dost
Mahomed; with Notices of Runjeet Singh, Khiva, and the
Russian Expedition. By G. T. Vigne, Esq. F.G.S.