« PreviousContinue »
VALUABLE STANDARD WORKS,
LONGMAN, REES, ORME, BROWN, & GREEN,
II. HISTORY OF MARITIME AND INLAND Discovery, Vol. I.
Volumes to be published.
3. TRAVELS in RUSSIA, and a Residence at St. Petersburgh and Odessa, in the Years 1827-8-9. By EDWARD MORTON, M.B., Member of the Royal Col. lege of Physicians. In 8vo. with plates.-Nearly ready.
4. RALEIGH and HIS TIMES. By Mrs. A. T. Thomson, Author of " Memoirs of Henry the Eighth.” In 1 vol. 880. with Portrait.-Nearly ready.
5. LITERARY RECOLLECTIONS. By the Rev. R. WARNER, F.A.S. &c. 2 vols. 8vo. price 26s, bds.
6. SIR ETHELBERT, or the Dissolution of Monasteries. By the Author of " Santo Sebastiano," &c. In three vols. 1200.-Nearly ready.
7. SELECT WORKS of the BRITISH POETS, from CHAU. CER to WITHERS. By ROBERT SOUTHEY, LL.D. Poet Laureate. I vol. 8vo. uniform with “ Aikin's Poets."- Nearly ready.
8. The BRITISH FLORA; containing a Description of the Flower. ing Plants and Ferns of the British Islands, arranged according to the Linnaan System. By WILLIAM JACKSON YOOKER, LL.D. F.R.A. and L.S. &c. &c. I vol. royal 12m0.Nearly ready.
The plan of the above work will be similar to that of the first part of Dr. Hooker's • Flora Scotica.” The Mosses, and the rest of the Cryptogamia, will form a distinct vo. lume, corresponding with the above, and with the “ English Flora” of the late Sir James Smith.