« PreviousContinue »
1. 3. The training, diet, and pro- 1364. That our best way to be
happy is to be holy.
ing Him thanks.
ing and revealing.
3. 1. Nebuchadnezzar dedicateth a 1368. That we ought to fear not
man but God.
when we cannot see.
Christian rulers owe to God.
decrees of the most High.
4. 28. Nebuchadnezzar's abasement 1372. Our way to be truly great.
5. 1. Belshazzar's feast. The hand- 1373. The wicked in extremity
resorting to Christ's ministers.
paration for death.
of our transgressions.
6. 16. Daniel is taken up safe out 1376. That we are saved by believ-
of the den of lions.
ing, and ought to propagate our
have the more to lose in the end.
7. 1. The peril and impenitence of 1395. Want of consideration and
want of sincerity.
of sowing sin.
obedience, is exhorted to repent. with thankfulness.
cording to our calling.
fit us without faith.
ed, with a promise of redemption. of life through Christ.
with promise of forgiveness. ment in turning unto God.
1. 1. The destruction of Edom is 1416. Of regarding all men as bre-
in each other.
of Christ and also of Christians.
to God when in peril.
1. 1. The burden of Nineveh. 1429. The manifestation of God's
attributes in the day of judgment.
in holiness continually.
judgment are glad tidings.
the holiness of God.
1. 1. The Jews on being reproved 1438. We gain by doing God's
work rather than our own.
stand pledged to serve God.
senger, and the coming judgment. word is variable.
eousness. The mission of Elijah. promises of both Testaments.