« PreviousContinue »
which we are exposed.
25. 1. The praise of God for deliver- 1127. The Gospel blessings for
ing his people.
which God is to be praised.
26. 1. A song of thanks for the safety 1128. Our joy in the assurance of
of God's people.
life from the dead.
27. 1. The deliverance of God's peo- 1129. The twofold application of
ple from their enemies.
28. 1. The sin and judgment of 1130. That the sensual are not
Ephraim and of Judah.
meet hearers of the Gospel.
28. 14. The sure foundation laid. 1131. The vanity of trusting in a
The divine husbandry.
refuge of lies.
29. 1. Woe to Ariel, by reason of 1132. The dreadful judgment of
being blinded to the truth.
29. 13. The hypocrisy of the Jews. 1133. The evil effects of formality
The joy of the faithful.
30. 1. Woe to those who fly to E- 1134. How our safety lies in re-
gypt for succour.
pentance, and calm confidence.
30. 18. Blessings in store for God's 1135. That we must stand in awe
people ; judgments for his ene- of the terrors of the Lord.
31. 1. An assurance that the Lord 1136. The duty of looking first of
would himself defend Zion.
all to God for help.
32. 1. The kingdom of Christ fore- 1137. The present establishment
of Christ's kingdom.
33. 1. Jerusalem delivered from 1138. The triumph, gain, and joy
Sennacherib, and at peace.
of the true Christian.
34. 1. Judgments awaiting all na- 1139. How God will deal with the
tions, and especially Idumea. enemies of his people.
35. 1. Peace and prosperity for God's 1140. The happiness which the
Gospel establishes in the heart.
36. 1. Rabshakeh is sent by Sen- 1141. That we ought not to listen
nacherib to Jerusalem.
to the solicitations of sin.
37. 1. Hezekiah applieth to Isaiah, 1142. The end of our calling is
and prayeth to God.
that we glorify God.
37.21. Isaiah assureth Jerusalem of 1143. God is omnipotent to save
or to destroy
who seek the Lord.
the encouragement of faith.
the people of the Lord.
1. 4. The Lord calleth Jeremiah to 1184. Our encouragement to serve
God with boldness.
quences of sin.
2.20. The false pleas of the Jews are 1186. The presumptuous boldness
of impenitent sinners.
3. 1. The longsuffering of God. Ju- 1187. The responsibility of having
faith, and devotion.
17. 1. Trust in man and trust in 1210. The humility and glory of
those whose trust is in God.
love towards penitent Israel. encouragement to repentance.
31. 22. Strong assurances of redemp- 1233. Of beseeching God that He
tion given to God's people. will amply fulfil his gracious