« PreviousContinue »
in another form unto two of that same day into the couns, which was from Jerusalem d they talked together of all ed. And it came to pass, that and reasoned, Jesus himself But their eyes were holden, n. And he said unto them, ns are these that ye have one sad? And the one of them, ering, said unto him, Art thou nd hast not known the things n these days?
Vhat things? And they said of Nazareth, which was a word before God, and all the ests and our rulers delivered and have crucified him. But which should have redeemed -day is the third day since and certain women also of our -hich were early at the sepulhis body, they came, saying, on of angels, which said that them which were with us, nd it even so as the women
O fools, and slow of heart to spoken! Ought not Christ and to enter into his glory? I the prophets, he expounded
Did not our hea
and how he was
5. Then the
the week, when
6. And while
r of all
himself holden, o them,
of them, Art thou
1 was a
so of our
f heart to
is glory! xpounded
rose up the same hour, and returned to the eleven gathered together, and then [who said,] The Lord is risen indeed, Simon. And they told what things w and how he was known of them in bre 5. Then the same day at evening, the week, when the doors were shut w assembled for fear of the Jews, came midst, and saith unto them, Peace be were terrified and affrighted, and supp a spirit. And he said unto them, Why why do thoughts arise in your heart and my feet, that it is I, myself. Ha spirit hath not flesh and bones, as y when he had thus spoken, he showed t feet, and his side. Then were the dis saw the Lord.
6. And while they yet believed not he said unto them, Have ye here any him a piece of a broiled fish, and of a took it, and did eat before them. Th again, Peace be unto you! as my Fat so send I you. And when he had sai them, and saith unto them, Receive Whosesoever sins ye remit, they are and whosesoever sins ye retain, the Thomas, one of the twelve, called D them when Jesus came. The other d unto him, We have seen the Lord. Except I shall see in his hands the pri 22* *
■ unto him, My Lord and my Thomas, because thou hast essed are they that have not hen the eleven disciples went in where Jesus had appointed , they worshipped him; but e and spake unto them.
WITH HIS DISCIPLES, AND INTO HEAVEN.
= showed himself again to the and on this wise showed he Simon Peter, and Thomas I of Cana in Galilee, and the her of his disciples. Simon ishing. They say unto him, went forth, and entered into a at they caught nothing. But ne, Jesus stood on the shore, t it was Jesus. Then Jesus ve ye any meat? They anunto them, Cast the net on e shall find. They cast theree to draw it for the multitude
of great fishes, there were so m
3. Jesus saith the disciples dur was the Lord. giveth them, and that Jesus showe risen from the to Simon Peter. than these? that I love thee. saith to him aga lovest thou me? est that I love t He saith unto lovest thou me? him the third ti him, Lord, thou thee. Jesus sait 4. Verily, veri thou girdedst thy when thou shalt and another sha wouldst not. T should glorify Go unto him, Follow them, Jesus com from Jerusalem, which,” saith H baptized with wa Ghost, not many 5. And he sa
3. Jesus saith unto them, Come and the disciples durst ask him, Who art t was the Lord. Jesus then cometh, a giveth them, and fish likewise. This that Jesus showed himself to his disci risen from the dead. So when they h to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, than these? He saith unto him, Yea, that I love thee. He saith unto him, saith to him again the second time, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, est that I love thee. He saith unto He saith unto him the third time, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved him the third time, Lovest thou me him, Lord, thou knowest all things, tho thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my
4. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, W thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whit when thou shalt be old, thou shalt st and another shall gird thee, and car wouldst not. This spake he, signifyi should glorify God. And when he had unto him, Follow me! And being ass them, Jesus commanded them that th from Jerusalem, but wait for the pr "which," saith he, "ye have heard o baptized with water, but ye shall be b Ghost, not many days hence."
5. And he said unto them, These
re come together, they asked at this time restore again the aid unto them, It is not for easons which the Father hath shall receive power after that Du; and ye shall be witnesses in all Judea, and in Samaria, the earth. And he said unto
, and teach all nations, and ature, baptizing them in the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; ings whatsoever I have comh you always, even unto the
s, and blessed them. I them, while they beheld, he rried up into heaven, and a sight. And they worshipped steadfastly toward heaven as pod by them in white apparel, ilee, why stand ye gazing up which is taken up from you ke manner as ye have seen eturned they with great joy I called Olivet, which is from ney; and were continually in g God.
1. AND when were all, with on came a sound fro it filled all the appeared unto th upon each of the Ghost, and began gave them utter lem Jews, devout Now when this gether, and were them speak in amazed, and ma not all these whi every man in our they were all ar another, What m men are full of n 2. But Peter, voice, and said u dwell at Jerusaler my words; for th it is but the thir was spoken by th
"And it sh I will po And you
And on r