« PreviousContinue »
MORAVIAN. C. M. Double.
I hear a voice I know full well, “ Tis
D. C. voice shall tranquil - ize each fear, “ 'Tis I, be, not
When black the threatening clouds appear, And storms my path invade, That
3. Firm as his throne, his promise stands,
And he can well secure 1. WHEN Waves of sorrow round me swell,
What I've committed to his hands, My soul is not dismayed;
Till the decisive hour. I hear a voice I know full well“'Tis I, be not afraid.”
4. Then will he own my worthless name 2. When black the threatening clouds ap- Before his Father's face, pear,
And in the new Jerusalem
Appoint my soul a place.
Christian Soldier. 3. There is a gulf that must be crossed, Saviour ! be near to aid;
1. Am I a soldier of the cross ? Whisper, when my frail bark is tossed, A follower of the Lamb ? “ 'Tis I, be not afraid.”
And shall I fear to own his cause,
Or blush to speak his name 4. There is a dark and fearful vale, Death hides within its shade;
2. Must I be carried to the skies Oh!
say, when flesh and heart shall fail,
On flowery beds of ease ?
And sailed through bloody seas ? Christian Assurance. 1. I'm not ashamed to own my Lord,
3. Are there no foes for me to face ? Or to defend his cause;
Must I not stem the flood ? Maintain the honor of his word,
Is this vile world a friend to grace, The glory of his cross.
To help me on to God 2. Jesus, my God! I know his name 4. Sure I must fight, if I would reign; His name is all my trust;
Increase my courage, Lord ! Nor will he put my soul to shame, I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, Nor let my hope be lost.
Supported by thy word.
4. Behold he comes! he comes to bless 5. I would begin the music here, The nations as their God,
And so my soul should rise; To show the world his righteousness, Oh for some heavenly notes to bear And send his truth abroad.
My passions to the skies ! 6. But when his voice shall raise the dead, 6. There ye that love my Saviour sit, And bid the world draw near,
There I would fain have place, How will the guilty nations dread Among your thrones, or at your feet, To see their Judge appearl
So I might see his face.
not, de - lay not, o sin - ner, draw near, The wa-ters
are now flow-ing for thee;
No price is de · mand-ed, the
Sa - viour is here; Re - demp-tion is
purchased, sal - va - tion is free.
Dangers of Delay.
The waters of life are now flowing for thee;
Redemption is purchased, salvation is free.
The love and compassion of Jesus thy God?
To wash and be cleansed in his pardoning blood ?
For Mercy still lingers and calls thee to-day:
Her message unbeeded will soon pass away.
Long grieved and resisted may take his sad flight,
To sink in the vale of eternity's night!
The earth shall dissolve, and the heavens shall fade;
What power then, O sinner, will lend thee its aid !
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word;
2. Fear not, I am with thee, oh! be not dismayed;
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid:
3. When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
4. When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply,
5. E'en down to old age all my people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
6. The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not-I will not desert to his foes :
I feed in green pastures, safe folded to rest;
Restores me when wandering, redeems when oppressed.
2. Through the valley and shadow of death though I stray,
Since Thou art my Guardian, no ovil I fear;
No harm can befall, with my Comforter near.
3. In the midst of affliction my table is spread;
With blessings unmeasured my cup runneth o'er;
O what shall I ask of thy providence more.
4. Let goodness and mercy, my bountiful God!
Still follow my steps till I meet thee above ;
Through the land of their sojourn—thy kingdom of love.