« PreviousContinue »
of a mother, kings, a stone, fa- μητης, βασιλεύς», λαας,
vour, to a heart, Ο boy.
8. A mother, to an oak, O Simois, a giant, of power, to honey, a birds, of heroes, roses, Ο sun, O Ο Scythian, to orators.
9. To birds, of two lions, to a bone, debts, Ο Hercules, sons, of a word, to shepherds, of a citadel, snakes, of a foot, to bellies.
10. Teeth, Ο Neptune, to fathers, a belly, to bodies, honours, Ο impudent, to mustard, of a hatchet, parsimony, of youth, of doors.
11. Of Pelides, a fountain, of love, to Phæbus, marriages, two heads, of oxen, servants, night, to power, of two horses, a port. 12. Of Sparta, of a wound, a goblet, to cities, to reverence, two mouths, Ο interpreter, trenches, virtues, to two hands, to myriads, a multitude.
13. Air, two eyes, a beach, flowers, to a well, of years, of water, customs, Trojans, Greece, O judge, of a tripod.
14. Possessions, a sea, countries, eyebrows, knees, Ο Jesus, disciples, of a spear, a kingdom, parents, of Atlas, laughter.
χαρις, κεαρ, παις.
Μητηρα, δρυς, Σιμοεις, γιγας, δυναμις, μελιφορνις, ήρως, ῥοδον, ἥλιος, Σκύθης, ρητωρ.
Ορνις, λεων, οστεον, χρεoς, Ἡρακλεης, υἱευς, επος, νομευς, αστυ, οφις", πους,
Οδους, Ποσειδων, πατης, γαστηρα, σωμα, τιμής, κυ νωπης, σινήπι, πελεκυς, φειδω, νεοτης, θυρα
Πηλείδης, πιδαξα, φιλοτης, Φοιβος, γαμος, κεφαλη, βους, θεραπων, νυξε, κρατος, ίππος, λιμην..
Σπαρτα, έλκος, κρητήρα, πολις, αιδως, στομα, ἑρμηνευς, ταφρος", αρετης, χεις, μυριας, πληθυς.
Αιθηρα, ομμα, ρηγμίν, ανθος, φρέαρ, ετος, ύδωρο εθος, Τρως, Ελλας, κριτης, τρίπους.
Κτεαρ, άλς, πατρις, οφρυς, γονυ, Ιησους, μαθητης, δορυ, βασιλεια, το κευς, Ατλας, γελως.
A verb agrees with its nominative, in number and
1. Pres. I HONOUR, thou strikest, he says, ye two write, they two give, we send, ye bring, they are willing.
2. Imperf. I was carrying, thou wast seeing, he was sending, they were laughing, we were running, ye were thinking.
3. 1. Fut. Ye two shall drive, they shall say, I shall follow, thou shalt call, ye shall labour.
4. 2. Fut. I will do, he will bury, ye will cut, they two will strike.
5. 1. Aor. I wondered, they gave, he did, thou placedst, they two remained, we wrote.
6. 2. Aor. They did come, did find, thou didst see, we did strike, they two did give.
7. Perf. I have seen, we have got, ye two have spoken, he has honoured, we have laboured.
Τιω, τυπτω, λεγω, γραφω, διδωμι, στελλω, φερω, ε0€λw.
Φερω, όραω, πεμπω, γε raw, τPEXW, voμi?w.
Ελαυνώ, φημί, ακολου θεω, καλεω, πονεω.
Πρασσω, θαπτω, τέμνω,
Θαυμαζω, διδωμι,πρασε ow, tionμs, μevw, ypapw.
Ερχομαι, εὑρισκω, ειδω, τύπτω, διδωμι.
Οραω, τυγχανω, λεγω,
8. Pl. perf. I had written, ye two had known, thou hadst made, they had struck.
9. Pres.Thou sittest, he comes, they turn themselves.
10. Imperf. I was beginning, ye were hurting yourselves, they were standing.
11. 1. Fut. Thou shalt prepare thyself, we shall take, I shall know, ye shall receive.
12. 2. Fut. Ye two will strike yourselves, he will drink, I will turn myself.
13. 1. Aor. He ceased, they two did, I stretched myself.
14. 2. Aor. We two did give, they were, he did place himself.
15. Perf. I have suffered, we have struck ourselves, thou hast trusted, he has escaped.
16. Pl. perf. He had left, I had heard, they had come.
17. Pres. He is named, we two are nourished, they are admired. 18. Imperf. I was struck, they were prepared, it was written.
19. 1. Fut. I shall be punished, thou shalt be left, he shall be
20. 2. Fut. Ye will be struck, he will be delivered.
21. 1. Aor. It was said, we were found, ye were loved.
22. 2. Aor. He was buried, they Θαπτω, φαινω, στέλλω. were manifested, I was sent.
23. Perf. It has been done, Πρασσω, τυπτω, φιλέω. they have been struck, we have
24. Pl. perf. I had been edu- Τρέφω, κρινω.
cated, it had been judged.
25. P. P. Fut. She shall be Θαπτω. buried.
26. He was challenging, he was laughing, to make, having perceived, thou mayest send, to go, he was blaming, they would guard, he was learning, he had stood, he did perceive, having descended, seeing, he did take, to give, I may become.
27. I would affirm, they may be, I was contented, they might leap, he would be taken, it has been wrought, I would appear, being about to find, he has suffered, having composed, he would compare, to be able, to have struck, having read.
28. They have used, to return, they died, to think, he would rebuke, to have sinned, he buried, ye think, we did come, they have been injured, they were thinking, hear ye, they showed.
29. Thou wouldst have, to go away, they might be deceived, they were vexed, having hoped,
Προκαλεω", γελαω, ποιεω, αισθανομαι, πεμ
πω, πορευομαι, μεμφομαι, φυλασσω, μανθανω, ἱστημι, αισθανομαι, καταβαινω', όραω, λαμβάνω, δια δωμι, γινομαι.6
Αφοριζωπις, ειμι, agκεων, εφορμαω, λαμβανω, εξεργαζομαι, δοκεως, εὑρισκω, πασχω, συντι θημι, παρεικαζω, δυναμαι, εκπλησσω, αναγκα νωσκω."
Χραομαι, επανερχομαι, αποθνησκως νομίζω, επιτιμαω, ἁμαρτανω, θαπτως οιομαι, αφικνεομαι, αδικεω, οιομαι, ακουω, δεικνυμι.
Εχω, οιχομαι, σφαλλως, ανιαω, ελπιζω, αποσπαω, μανθανω, επι
would learn, having put on, having conquered, to have resembled, thou sawest, they were broken, thou comparedst, it will be necessary, ye shall live, I would shout, they are pleased.
30. Το have been hurt, honour thyself, he is able, they may turn, he shall prevent, he hath been seen, they confuse, to have been, he would begin, thou shalt be, they have ordained, to have been grieved.
31. Nothing was made, John answered, do not ye say that it is four months, and the harvest comes ? Jesus bore witness, Cyrus received, then the man went away.
32. Philip has died, Chrysantas did stand up, and he spoke thus, the time would be, the man shall love, Panthea having sent did say, do not grieve, Ο Cyrus, that Araspas is gone,
θεαομαι, ῥησσω, εικαζω, δει, βιοωπη, βοαω, αρεσκω.
Βλαπτω, τιμαω", δυναμαι, τρεπω, κωλύω, οπτομαι, συγχεω, γινομαιτη, αρχομαι, ειμι, διατασσω, λυπεω.
Ουδεν γινομαι, ὁ Ιωαννης αποκρινομαι", ουκ συ λεγω ότι τετραμηνον ειμι, και ὁ θερισμος ερχομαι; Ιησους μαρτυρεω, Κυρος δεχομαι, απερχομαια ουν ὁ ἄνθρωπος.
Φίλιππος θνησκω, Χρισαντας ανιστημι, και λόγω ὧδε, καιρος ειμι, ανθρωπος φιλεω, ἡ Πανθεια πεμπως ειπον, μη λυπεωπ, ω Κυρος, ὅτι Αρασπας οιχομαι.
33. Amabam, novi, invenies, scribunt, cecidi, ibat, cucurristi, m timuit, veniebamus, sedebo, ero, pugnabat, accepit, moriemur, rabsumptus est, ureris, percussus sum, pugnavi, magnificabitur.
34. Lex est, tempus videtur, homines cognoscunt, filius moritur, rex existimabat, majores fuerunt, pater coepit, Deus potest, discipuli veniunt, poetæ cogitant.